Senior Concept Artist [Tom Clancy's The Division 2]
As a Senior Concept Artist at Massive, you'll team up with our specialist Vanity project working on our live game TCTD2.
The focus will be on vanity art – the skins, props, clothing and costumes the players use to personalize their experiences. Your efforts will directly enhance the players experience by bringing your own creativity and eye for detail to in-game assets.
You’ll help develop our ambitious art team, also guiding the production of outsourced art, from the initial briefs through launch.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Leading the development of high-quality art for AAA games, from concept to completion;
- Researching and proposing concept references together with the Art Director;
- Preparing creative concepts for internal and external production teams;
- Guiding outsource art teams through briefs, daily communications and by providing clear feedback to ensure that deliverables are completed at quality and to specifications;
- Ensuring a productive workflow with artists and external partners;
- Understanding and evangelizing the visual style of the game;
- Organizing and updating work and backlog using project management / planning tools;
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality and creativity.
Skills & Requirements
As our new concept artist with a focus on outsourcing you tend to naturally be well organized in relation to reaching high quality our games are known for. The key to this success is also your ability to see the big picture and be on top of the deliverables in your team, both internally and externally. You're also ready to bring your ideas to the table, pushing creativity and innovation through to our partners since you know what will work in the final game. It is also your passion and understanding of the IP that makes you great at communicating feedback and getting your point across, leaving everyone involved with a clear direction to head in.
As an artist, you have a passion for concept art for the films and games industry, with an observational and research-oriented style.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
- A relevant portfolio is required.
- 5+ years of working with concept art including character concepts.
- Experience leading projects, preferably in agile project management.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and familiarity with game engines.
- Ability to create concepts of characters, props and environments to AAA standard.
- Understanding of composition and lighting.
- Experience with next gen game development.
- As well as an updated portfolio in line with the project style.
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below?
How to Apply
Please prepare your CV, cover letter and art portfolio to send here: https://smrtr.io/3BPvj
About the Company
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö and part of the Ubisoft family. We are a multinational team of more than 600 passionate and highly skilled people from more than 45 different countries.
Our studio is a creative and devoted workplace. It’s full of dedicated game developers, game designers, programmers, and character artists (to name a few of our job roles!). What we all have in common is that we enjoy what we do and that we do everything with drive and enthusiasm.
WHAT IS IT LIKE WORKING AT MASSIVE?
At Massive, you get to do what you love the most while bringing your own exceptional performance into our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar, Snowdrop, or Uplay.
We want to hear your opinions. As part of the Massive family, you are encouraged to make your voice heard regardless of your position or how long you’ve been at the studio.
Curiosity is key in crafting the best games experience possible. It might sound strange, but we encourage you to take risks and to have the courage to challenge not only yourself in what you do, but also the ways we do things in the studio. And it’s okay if the risk results in failure.
Without failure, we can never grow in our roles or find new solutions to the challenges we face – together – every day. Be brave, because behind you, you have the support of the Massive family.
WE NEED YOU TO MAKE THE BEST GAMES POSSIBLE
Massive is growing – rapidly, and we are looking for the best talents to join our studio. With our move to our new office building Eden, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, and the Avatar Project, we are heading towards an exciting future.
Do you want to join us on the journey?