Senior Concept Artist
The Senior Concept Artist is responsible for creating original and imaginative concept art for characters, environments and other game assets. A successful candidate is expected to present a clear and comprehensive process of research and exploration that supports their final art, and have a strong understanding of efficient ideation techniques. The ability to work both independently and in cooperation with Leads and other Artists to complete assignments and a demonstration of strong artistic interpretation skills is also required.
Skills & Requirements
At least 4 years experience in video game development
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic style and design sensibility
- Strong use of research and reference material that supports idea generation and problem solving
- Excellent drawing skills in both traditional and digital formats, experience in Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Superior eye for light, value, color and composition
- Excellent communication skills and ability to take direction and accept critical review of your work
- Require knowledge of human anatomy, traditional painting and drawing methods, and experience in Photoshop.
- Familiarity with and passion for games
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please email your portfolio link(s) and resume to: email@example.com
In the subject of your email, please write "Senior Concept Artist."
For more information visit http://www.readyatdawn.com/careers-main/
About the Company
Ready At Dawn is looking for talented and passionate developers to help us push the boundaries of technology, gameplay, art, and story-telling. Our team is growing and we invite you to join one of the preeminent independent video game developers in the world.
The studio is currently in various stages of development on several exciting projects including a new AAA third-person action console title, based on a brand new original IP and the expansion of the award-winning Echo universe for Oculus Rift through our ongoing partnership with Oculus.
Ready At Dawn Studios® was founded in 2003 by senior members of Naughty Dog® and Blizzard Entertainment® with the goal of creating an independent game studio that makes great games within a fun working environment. We have created three of the best-selling and highest reviewed PSP games of all time in Daxter and God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta and have recently finished the visually stunning The Order: 1886 for the PS4 platform. Ready At Dawn’s technological innovations, its reputation for excellence in artistry and design coupled with experience in developing blockbuster franchises ensure the studio will continue to raise player expectations.