Qualcomm Game Studio is seeking an experienced character artist who will work directly with our development team, design leads, and art director, to help create, design, and implement characters as part of a cohesive, directed gameplay experience. Ideal candidates will have an excellent understanding of human anatomy, creature anatomy, and various other character types. The ideal artist for this role has an expert level creating 3D models, textures and materials for both, mechanical and organic characters.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience modeling/texturing characters in Maya, or 3DS Max, on a shipped MMO, mobile, PC, or console game.
- Demo Materials to include sample model and texture files for review.
- Solid understanding of anatomy for realistic humanoid characters and creatures.
- Strong understanding of mechanical design and assemblies.
- Solid grasp of edge loops and deformation standards.
- Experience creating props and weapons.
- Ability to create art content that is performant for runtime and appropriate. for modern game hardware, mobile a plus,
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple disciplines.
- Experience with Photoshop.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- BFA or equivalent on the job experience.
- Solid understanding of character modeling and UV/ material application and in Maya, or 3DS Max.
- Experience with ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Experience editing scanned data and creating morph targets.
- Experience with Unreal or Unity game engines.
- Experience with Substance or Quixel to create photo realistic PBR materials.
- Experience working on AAA games as a character artist.
- Well-versed in console and/or mobile gaming.
- Understanding of VR and AR mobile limitations and requirements.
- Passionate about gaming, up to date on game design literature, and best practices.
How to Apply
Please send and email with resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Qualcomm chipsets, which today power over 2 billion consumer devices worldwide. You will work directly with leading game developers from around the world to help enhance and optimize their cutting-edge games and applications for the Snapdragon platform.
The environment is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires cross-functional interaction with a wide array of both internal and external teams.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.