Senior Concept Artist - Forza Team
Playground Games is looking for a Senior Concept Artist who can help realise our game vision and work alongside award-winning technical and creative talent.
As a Concept Artist you will be instrumental in designing environments, vehicles, characters, props and set concepts.
You will work in conjunction with the Art Director to transform ideas into inspiring concepts and production imagery. You must have a strong grasp for visual design and excellent foundation skills. You must be flexible, highly motivated and detail conscious.
Industry knowledge, coupled with experience working on published console titles is desirable. A background in Fine Art is also desirable (but not essential) for this role.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working on published AAA titles
- Superior understanding of visual design principles
- Superior understanding of light and colour
- Ability to capture key moods/elements/lighting in the early stages of your work
- Understanding how ideas translate from the conceptual phase to in game content
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed callouts
- Quickly iterate on ideas and feedback
- An eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for games
- A good grasp of 3D software
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is part of Xbox Game Studios and one of the highest rated video game developers in the world, with two AAA studios based in Leamington Spa.
Famed for the critically-acclaimed Forza Horizon franchise, our latest release, Forza Horizon 4, is the highest rated Xbox exclusive this generation with a 92 metacritic. In both 2017 and 2018 the studio has awarded Best Place to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our newly-established second studio is committed to bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from around the world to develop an unannounced open-world action RPG.