Senior Concept Artist
About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developers to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times’s Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
With our fantastic AAA Projects forever pushing our studio's growth, Splash Damage is seeking a new Senior Concept Artist to come and join the SD Family.
Working closely alongside both our Art Directors and Lead Artists you will bring creative passion, vision, and inspiration to help drive the quality of our current and upcoming titles.
Collaborating with the projects developers, you will be called upon to create the full range of concept imagery from initial speed sketches, through to product-defining visuals – developing imaginative visual solutions for the various aesthetic, technical, design & narrative considerations in a timely fashion.
Splash Damage as studio is hugely invested in the ongoing development of our staff, as part of these initiatives, you will help lead, mentor & develop the skills of junior members of the concept team.
Perks and Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will cover you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.
Skills & Requirements
Essential Skills and Experience
Having shipped multiple titles, you are well embedded within the video games industry, with a thorough understanding of the games development pipeline.
You have experience in design & illustration and a strong understanding of Art fundamentals such as colour theory, composition, shape language, lighting, form + function, perspective and a burning passion for excellence & the video games medium!
You are fluent in Photoshop & possess a strong capacity to learn new tools.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- The ability to match and define a variety of art styles with minimal supervision from management staff
- Strong anatomical knowledge Character design; unique and interesting characters in a range of styles
- Architectural knowledge – strong understanding of the layout, proportions & construction of a range of building types, both realistic and imaginary.
- Knowledge of industrial & mechanical design principals and their application to fictional vehicles, machines, weapons etc
- Experienced in 3D packages
- Strong traditional artistic skills
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply on our careers page : https://careers.splashdamage.com/job/oieK8fw8
We review every application which is sent to us and due to the amount we receive this can often cause a delay in our feedback response. Please provide your CV, Portfolio ( if necessary ) and a Cover Letter. As we receive hundreds of applications for our live roles try to make your application stand out from the rest, show us something fun and unique which really displays your character and assets !
About the Company
Splash Damage is famous for crafting blockbuster multiplayer experiences from our studio in Greater London. Our recent projects include multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb and Gears of War 4.
We're currently expanding for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented, passionate superstars to help build them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times’s Best Companies accreditation four years running, placing in the Top 100 Best Companies in 2018. Come join us!