Cloud Imperium Games
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Job type: Permanent
Cloud Imperium Games is the ground-breaking development team behind the highly anticipated space sim Star Citizen. We continue to set higher standards of quality and push the boundaries on what is possible in a modern game engine. We are a group of talented developers in a fast-paced environment and encourage ownership and thinking on your feet. Join our team of star-performers in pushing the envelope on in game visuals.
Foundry 42 is looking for a Senior Prop Artists with experience creating high quality game assets. You will be working closely with our concept, environment and ship teams to create all the objects that bring our environments and ships to life.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of game art creation and should strive to push the boundaries of next gen art. They should be organised, adaptable and understand technical limitations and budgets.
· Support the Art Director interpreting the vision for the game, creating props that complement the environments and help to tell the story of the Star Citizen universe.
· Create high quality props from concepts images, references and art direction.
· Work with the Lead Prop artist to push the quality of artwork both visually and technically.
· Aid in the management of props created by partner studios and external vendors.
· Deliver consistent and high quality models while being mindful of budgets and technical requirements.
· Support other team members through mentorship and knowledge sharing.
· Develop pipelines and prototype new technologies.
· Define work processes together with the Lead Artist, the Tech Art and production groups.
· Review and feedback on other artist work to maintain quality and visual style.
· Maintain documentation and best practice examples.
· Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience creating high quality props for AAA games.
· Excellent communication and organisational skills.
· Strong working knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop.
· An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
· Experience applying and tweaking shaders.
· A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable game assets.
· Excellent sense of form, mass and volume.
· Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
· High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
· Experience and examples of both hard and soft surface game assets.
· International travel may be required as part of the role.
· Experience with Cry Engine.
· Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes.
· Experience giving feedback and preparing assets for outsource.
· An avid gamer.
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.