Senior FX Artist
NetherRealm Studios seeks a Senior FX Artist to work closely with the FX Lead to create and maintain high quality Special Effects assets for the game. This is an individual contributor position that designs and creates FX work for assigned aspects of products with a focus on technical trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Use industry standard 3D and 2D packages as well as proprietary tools to create FX assets for their assigned development project. These assets will include real-time interactive FX and pre-scripted cinema events.
- Install created FX assets into In-Engine cinemas.
- Assists in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology.
- Mentors more junior members of the effects team and serves as a repository of special knowledge for the group.
Skills & Requirements
- A BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as an artist in the industry.
- At least 1 published game, preferably XBox One or PS4.
- Must have working knowledge of authoring tools for real-time particle systems.
- Experience with Unreal 3/Unreal 4 and Cascade preferred.
- Houdini Experience a strong plus.
- Must be proficient in 3D modeling using Maya or 3D Studio Max.
- Experience with a scripting language preferred.
- Must be proficient with multiple 2D applications, including Adobe AfterEffects, Photoshop, and similar applications.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong understanding of modern real-time 3D engines.
- Experience and understanding of art pipelines on XBox One and/or PS4.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and redo/iterate work until it's approved.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply here: Senior Artist, FX
About the Company
The creative team that brought the Mortal Kombat franchise to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!