Senior Game Artist
Are you ready to level up your career? At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Job Summary: The Sr. Game Artist is expected to be well-versed with Unity engine and also in all Adobe products and share this knowledge with junior artists. Also expected to continually learn new software skills. Artists are expected to have expert artistic abilities in drawing, rendering, graphic design, layout, color theory, character design, and animation. Works closely with Designers, Engineers and Mathematicians in developing a game. Other duties include managing and improving the content creation pipeline, working with technical artists on asset implementation, and staying current on game industry tools and processes. Contribute enthusiastically to the development of a vision for the game. Participate in brainstorming sessions to solve problems. Core artist working independently to create and document all aspects of a game from reel symbol sets to interface layout to fonts. Artists are expected to already be well-versed in several Adobe products, but also expected to continually learn new software skills.
Skills & Requirements
- Create high-caliber art, maintaining excellent art quality in regard to character design, color theory, layout, text treatment, and animation ability.
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D graphics (After Effects and 3DsMax, or equivalent).
- Working knowledge of Unity, Unreal, or equivalent game engine.
- Understanding of versioning software i.e. Perforce (Preferred), CVS, Alien Brain or similar.
- Experience creating motion graphics or animations (must have samples).
- Working Knowledge of particle systems (Unity or equivalent).
- Exposure to scripting languages such as C#, JS, MEL, or Python.
- Work closely with other Artists, Management and other teams in producing high-quality art in an iterative process.
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from team members and designers.
- Show efficiency in self-managing time with a reasonable degree of accountability and minimal instruction
- Demonstrate excellent file structure and organization
- Create art assets and document all art assets created with minimal mistakes.
- Implement art assets in Unity.
- Assist Technical Artists and Engineers in communicating a vision for the game.
- BA/BS in Graphic Design or related field (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience)
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience in graphic design
- 1 year game development experience or equivalent preferred.
- Self-starter who thrives in ambiguous and fast-paced environments
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas and openness to feedback
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build good working relationships
- Superior project management skills, can prioritize and organize tasks to meet deadlines; exceptional attention to detail
- Effective problem-solver and solutions-oriented, with the ability to translate feedback visually
- Must be team-oriented, dedicated, self-motivated and collaborative
- Resourceful, creative and able to meet deadlines
- Experience playing games.
- The work conditions are representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. May require weekend and evening hours. May require minimal travel.
How to Apply
All applicants MUST provide the following in the event of an interview:
- Portfolio (website or blog required for pre-interview)
- Layered working Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, and Studio Max files as appropriate to the position
- Animation samples if animation is core ability (AVI, Quicktime, or website)
- Please provide all links or DVD upon application
To apply visit the Scientific Games Career page.
About the Company
Scientific Games is dedicated to being the industry’s only global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
Our products continue to grow from proven successful brands. Scientific Games’ compelling content and proprietary solutions engage players and empower customers because of our use of cutting-edge technology, products, and content including
- Electronic gaming machines for commercial and tribal casinos, video lottery, central determination, licensed betting office, arcade and bingo markets
- An extensive library of proprietary and licensed brand game content, that includes some of the hottest entertainment brands, designed to maximize player enjoyment and operator’s return on investment
- Innovative electronic table games, card shufflers, chip sorters, multi-terminal and multi-game configurations linked to virtual, hybrid and live games
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.