Lead Animator - Glasgow
Axis Animation are expanding their Snr team and are looking to hire experienced LEAD ANIMATORS to lead project based animation teams on an ongoing basis.
This role requires a skilled animator with a broad background animating different types of characters and creatures.
You’ll be a personable, pro-active, self starter who can motivate and lead the team around you as well as work with the project Director to realise his vision and ensure the standard and quality of the animation is consistently high.
Prior Lead experience is a must, as is thorough knowledge of Maya and the ability to troubleshoot technical problems. A good understanding of the animation pipeline including pre-production, production and post-production is also necessary
Candidates must be willing and able to work onsite in Glasgow, and have relevant visas in place permitting this, if required, at time of application.
- Managing a team of animators, keeping animator's on track and motivated
- Quality controlling animation output on assigned project
- Feedback and managing technical challenges on project alongside the CG Supervisor and Dept leads
- Liaise with production on task assignment and scheduling of the team
- Interpreting and communication the director feedback and vision to the team
- Advanced level of Character and vehicle keyframe animation
- Advanced level of Body Mocap Cleanup
- Advanced level of Facial capture implementation and polish
- Full facial keyframe animation
- Camera layout/Previs
- Scene caching and clean up
Skills & Requirements
- Accomplished examples of keyframe animation, both character acting and full body
- Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Maya is essential
- Good communication skill and ability to work interactively with production and other departments to solve production challenges
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently lead a team
- Ability to feedback to rigging and pipeline and direct any technical changes
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation, with a keen eye for character pose and staging.
- Good knowledge of cinematography
- Extensive experience working and editing mocap data
- Experience with Maya camera sequencer a plus
- Experience working with Maya Trax and blending animation clip data
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of basic artistic human anatomy
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of basic human kinetics
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of basic real world physics and their application for animation
- Proven production experience within a team min. 5 years
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded in 2000, Axis is an award-winning, international studio of directors, designers, artists, animators, writers and producers that creates content for the biggest names in video games, film, television, commercials and online entertainment.
As a creative team we go out of our way to get under the skin of every project and deliver beyond client expectations. We are passionate about our craft, and we challenge ourselves to leave a lasting impression with every piece of work.
No matter the client, brand, genre or delivery platform, our creative output is distinctive, engaging and entertaining.
Accordingly Axis has won numerous industry accolades, including: a prestigious Cannes Gold Lions Award, New York Festival Awards, D&AD nominations, London International Awards, Promax Awards and a Best Animation BAFTA.
In 2014, Axis were proud to receive the Queen's Award for Enterprise, a highly prestigious honour bestowed by Her Majesty The Queen only to businesses that display the highest levels of excellence.