Senior VFX Artist - Destiny
We’re looking for talented people to bring visual effects to life in the Destiny universe and so we need your help blowing up the galaxy! We are excited to be working on the Destiny universe and pushing the boundaries of VFX in games!
We are a lively, friendly, and enthusiastic group looking for experienced VFX artists with a passion for both visual and technical innovation. VFX artists at VV are always experimenting, tinkering, and exploring methods to create visually stunning VFX. You should have a strong understanding of the challenges of video game hardware and a passion for moving beyond them!
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
- Working with Designers, Artists, and Engineers to create stunning effects and immersive visuals
- Creation of real time particle systems and shaders via proprietary software
- Texture creation for particle systems and shaders
- Simple modeling of objects needed for believable effects
- Performance optimization
Skills & Requirements
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
- At least 2 to 3 years of professional visual effects development Experience with and a good working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of next generation hardware
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Artists, Designers, and Programmers
- Possesses a good art sense (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, 3d modeling and painting)
- Strong texture creation skills
- Strong working knowledge of 3d packages
- Excellent problem solving skills Experience in writing or configuring real time shaders
You’ll really get noticed with these upgrades to your Light Level:
- Strong understanding of both real time and baked physics systems
- Experience creating and configuring assets for in game particle systems
- Experience with offline FX simulation tools (FumeFX, Houdini, ThinkingParticles)
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply at http://m.rfer.us/ACVZi21cy
About the Company
Located in Albany, NY, VV has brought their expertise to global franchises such as Skylanders and Guitar Hero for over 25 years, creating new entries in each series infused with the studio’s signature quality and forward-thinking approach to design. In 2017, VV released the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Triology, a rebuild of the classic games with gorgeous, all-new graphics, met with universal praise from fans and critics alike. Currently, the studio is spearheading the PC version of Destiny 2 (winner of ‘Best PC Game’ at E3 2017) and bringing their passion and talent to new stories and content within the world of Destiny .
Lovingly referred to as the VV Family, the team is composed of a diverse set of highly talented men and women who bring their personal expertise, creativity, and drive to every facet of the games and technology we create. The VV philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is brought to life through our family, who embody our values and soul in their work and play. We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun; we have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices.