2D Design Team Lead
The position of 2D Design Team Lead requires someone with a very strong artistic eye for design, composition and architecture. They should have the ability to adapt to a variety of different styles.
This profile will also serve as mentor for the 2D designers on their team within the Art Department. Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, a positive attitude and excellent attention to detail. They should have the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production environment.
Skills & Requirements
Works closely with the Art Director/CG Supervisor to set the required look for show.
Responsible for pushing designs to help define the look and feel of the show or concept.
Create colour artwork for 2D Asset Designs if required.
Communicates design style across departments, 2D through 3D phases, working closely with Directors & Art directors on main or complex designs
Do draw overs on 3d Models ensuring clear direction of design changes.
Involved in script breakdowns to inform design approach and story requirements of sets, props, layouts, location designs.
Maintaining quality and style under tight deadlines
Works closely with the Production team, 3D & 2D Artists and Directors, Art Director and Client.
Team Lead management responsibilities
- Act as line Manager for team of 4 to 8 team members. responsibilities include:
- team member performance issues related to workflow and pipeline
- Weekly one to one’s with DRs
- Mentor and train other 2D designer how to properly setup and organize Texturing tasks for their shows.
- Collaborate closely with department coordinator, Head of art department, Art Directors on assigning the correct artist to project tasks when required.
- Help reinforce that all technical guidelines and rules are followed correctly
- Ensure appropriate workflow for the department is being used, both technically and visually.
- Provide leadership and support to 2D Artists, both creatively and technically, and ensure they partner effectively with Production and they deliver their goals.
- Assists in the casting decisions for projects.
- Collaborate with the head of department on recruiting to help identify top talent for the team.
- Must have at least 4-6 years’ experience working as a Lead/Senior Designer (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work
- The ability to adapt and work in a variety of different visual styles.
- A keen eye for design and composition.
- Strong working knowledge of colour, preferable but not required
- Clear communication and follow through on tasks.
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Good understanding of an 3D animation production pipeline and how 2D designs translate into 3D models for animation (a big advantage, but not required)
- Must be able to communicate in an articulate and positive manner.
- Must take direction well.
Must be comfortable with leading and mentoring a team of 2D designers
Contract type: Fixed Term
Portfolio should show examples of a variety of different styles, environments, layout, props and turnarounds.
How to Apply
About the Company
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios and is part of the 9 Story Media Group, with locations in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester, New York and Bali.
Making stand out/exceptional content for kids is at the heart of everything we do, and our bar is always set to “excellent” when it comes to the quality of our work. Our studios are highly collaborative spaces, where mentoring and on the job training is built into our daily practices. Our team members benefit from competitive compensation packages, working on award-winning 2D and 3D content, a thriving work culture and maybe too much cake!
We recently celebrated Brown Bag Films Dublin's 25th Birthday!
See how we've grown.....