Senior Concept Artist
inXile Entertainment is looking for a talented Senior Concept Artist to drive the visual development of an upcoming next-generation role-playing game. The ideal candidate will have proven skills in creating compelling illustrations and paintings to ignite the imaginations of the development team, with the ability to experiment visually across various artistic styles and genres. With extensive experience in concepting for AAA-quality game development, coupled with deep passion for video games across multiple platforms, the Senior Concept Artist is uniquely capable of helping our team to define the visual look of the game by creating compelling art, mood, and lighting.
Skills & Requirements
- Collaborates with the Game Director, Art Director and other project stakeholders to help define, establish and execute the game’s artistic vision.
- Creates inspiring, extraordinary paintings and illustrations to guide the development of environments, characters, creatures, weapons and other important assets.
- Displays strong imagination combined with the ability to push the creative envelope and innovate within the parameters of the game’s world.
- Motivates, mentors and inspires members of the concept art team, guiding them through various stages of production with clear and consistent direction.
- Creates style sheets and helps champion reference gathering efforts towards bringing clarity to project visual direction goals
- Collaborate with the Art and Design teams to implement and maintain the creative vision for the game.
- At least five years of professional experience as a concept designer and illustrator.
- A clear understanding of concept artist’s role in the game development process.
- Excellent traditional artistic skills with a strong grasp of composition, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, character, costume and graphic design.
- Ability to storyboard and help conceptualize character movement and VFX.
- Able to work creatively and collaboratively in a demanding team environment.
- Passion for computer games and game art across multiple platforms and genres.
- Modeling and 3D sculpting experience.
- Management experience.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To apply, please email your current resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
inXile Entertainment is a premiere videogame development studio with locations in Newport Beach, CA and New Orleans, LA. Headed by Brian Fargo, we are home to both industry veterans and up-and-coming talent, and are at the cutting edge of innovation and delivering high-quality titles to our passionate and dedicated fanbase.
At inXile, we've embraced the crowdfunding model for game development and are one of the first game studios to crowdfund multiple million-dollar projects, including: Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, and The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep. We have a commitment to our core audience, an attention to details that matter, and embrace collaboration and openness without fear.