[Vietnam] Senior 3D Animator
We’re looking for a passionate senior 3D Character Animator to join our team in Vietnam. You will work closely with the Lead Animator and animation teams to create high-quality animations of high poly and low poly characters for mobile.
You’ll have the opportunity to touch multiple products and work on motion capture files. You’ll work on top-grossing games with people who are friendly, fun, and aim to be pioneers in high-quality animation in the world of the mobile game industry.
Your portfolio demonstrates that you can handle Character animation and have a high understanding of the basics and technical side!
You will work together with an international creative team to:
- Create and produce appealing frame by frame character animations based on video references or story-boards
- Handle the whole animation pipeline, from motion capture, rigging, cleanup, body and facial animation to preparing a final package in Unity
- Ensure timely completion of character assets at the desired quality bar
- Chance to work on big game development projects.
- Chance to work closely with both experienced Vietnamese and foreign experts.
- Attractive salary and benefits, international, fun and professional working environment
- An open and honest culture where people are valued, treated fairly and trusted and empowered
- Flexible working hours, we work 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
- 13th salary and additional bonus every year
- Lunch allowance and free drinks (coffee, tea, etc)
- Health Insurance package
- Social Insurance under Vietnam law
- Annual health check, annual flu vaccination
- Paid leave (12 days/year)
- Free English/ Vietnamese classes with native teachers
- Pet-friendly working space
- A standing desk if you like; No dress code; Company trip
- Game room for everyone: We love board games, video games, PS4 and many more!
- In-house classes: Yoga and BJJ
- For non-Vietnamese staff, support for making Vietnamese work permits, resident cards
- Negotiable depending on level and experience
Skills & Requirements
- Strong understanding of Animation fundamentals, theories and techniques.
- Very good technical skills in Maya software
- Good English oral/written communication skills
- Knowledge of current animation techniques and development processes.
- Ability to work with external vendors to ensure quality and continuity in animation related services.
We Prefer Candidates Who Have:
- Experience in the mobile game industry
- Character rigging/skinning skills
- Skills in one or more related disciplines like 2D animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Basic knowledge about tracking (MatchMover software) and effect (After Effect software)
- Experience using Unity, and preparing scenes and prefabs
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Required Application Materials:
Portfolio/website/Demo demonstrating animation skills and/or Motion Capture experience.
If you’re interested in this position, please feel free to send us your resume and Portfolio at email@example.com
About the Company
Gear Inc. is an American owned and operated Game Studios located in Hanoi and Danang, Vietnam, at the crossroads of Southeast Asia. A booming hub for innovation and a thrilling place to live and work!
We have an experienced, international team of developers working on top-grossing titles played by millions of casual and core gamers. We are growing our in-house projects and also collaborate with world-class partners like Scopely (WWE, Looney Toons, Star Trek..) on some exciting titles.
We hire exceptionally creative and talented people from all over the globe that bring experience and international standards to the table, but that’s just the start!
Commitment to our people is our real strength and the key to our success.
Company size: +500 employees
For more information, please visit our:
Address: No. 125D, Minh Khai Street, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone: + 84 24 3972 8621
Address: No. 52, Nguyen Van Linh Street, Hai Chau District, Danang, Vietnam
Phone: +84 23 6358 8621