Outsource Character Artist
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an experienced Outsource Character Artist to join our team!
This candidate will collaborate with the Senior Outsource Character Artist and outsource vendors to develop celebrity characters, creatures, and armor for Star Citizen. In this role they will create AAA quality characters for use in gameplay, cinematics, and marketing materials.
This person will be working at the cutting-edge of development for the record-breaking crowd-funded project, space-simulation FPS MMO “Star Citizen” and the action-packed cinematic story campaign “Squadron 42” with its star-studded cast including Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, John Rhys-Davies, and Mark Strong (to name just a few).
- Process incoming outsource asset reviews and deliver feedback
- Provide information and process on our collaboration with the vendor
- Create examples, documentation, and technical specifications for the vendor
- Ensure that deliveries are reviewed and actioned in time as per contractual obligations
- Collaborate effectively with the Production, Art Leads, Art Directors, and Outsource manager
- Quality control with pre-set quality bars on all deliverables
- Texture assets received from the Outsource vendors
- Collaborate with the Art Director and Concept Artists to set the visual style and quality bar
- Build clean topology with high consideration for animation
- Give and receive feedback from Concept and other Character Artist
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience with art outsourcing or as a character artist
- Ability to understand and negotiate art deliveries
- Knowledge on the latest art workflow methodologies
- Great, all-around communicator
- High degree of initiative
- Self-starter who looks for opportunities to make improvements
- A results oriented, ownership mentality
- Strong work ethic and leads by example
- Superb relationship building skills (locally & internationally)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, California and to work closely with different time zones.
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Experience with X-gen
- Passion for sci-fi games
How to Apply
This position is offered at our Los Angeles Studio by Cloud Imperium Games LLC.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAA experiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.