Lead 2D Artist
Lead 2D Artist
Impact Theory Studios is looking for an experienced Lead 2D Artist to help realize an entire slate of projects ranging from animated films and live action Film & TV productions to manga and traditional western comics. You will work in conjunction with the Art Director to transform ideas and scripts into awe inspiring concepts and fully realized key art. Your work will be used for multiple purposes including setting the artistic direction for each project, polishing production assets, and fulfilling needs for key art assets for sales presentations, marketing campaigns, and merchandising assets. You must be an expert illustrator with a passion for storytelling and a strong ability to deliver world-class, fully rendered images. This is an excellent opportunity for experienced, creative artists who are looking to further their career with an ambitious studio with multiple projects across multiple forms of media in development.
- Partner with the Creative and Art Director to create compelling and inspiring key art, illustrations and other assets to communicate the artistic vision of the different projects
- Create high quality concept art for character and/or environment assets
- Create key visuals, mood explorations and model sheets
- Create assets for use in marketing and merchandizing
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 3+ years of experience creating high quality concept art for games and/or film & TV
- Expert understanding of composition, color theory, light and form
- Expert ability to capture emotion and mood
- Excellent painting and rendering skill
- Strong understanding of anatomy based, functional character/creature design
- Expert grasp of perspective
- Ability to create concept art in a range of styles and genres
- Expert skill with 2D painting programs (Photoshop / Painter)
- Self-motivated with good communication skills
- 5+ years of experience creating high quality concept art for games/film
- Knowledge of 3D concept art/sculpting techniques
- Deep passion for manga and anime
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please submit a link to your portfolio to email@example.com.
Before you apply, please not that you MUST be able to work at our Beverly Hills, CA location.
About the Company
Impact Theory Studios is a well-funded 3 year-old media company that is focused on manga, comics, anime, and film & TV development. We are entirely focused on creating projects that empower their intended audience. In just three years we've launched multiple high-profile properties (including Neon Future with world-famous DJ Steve Aoki, and Hexagon with award-winning writer Michael Moreci) into the market place, partnered with one of Hollywood's most prestigious management companies, LBI, and amassed a social followers of nearly 4,000,000 people. We were founded by Inc. 500 entrepreneur Tom Bilyeu and have grown rapidly year after year. We have a company culture that is second to none. We believe in offering competitive full-time wages, full benefits, profit sharing, unlimited vacation, and a fun work environment. We are hardworking, hold ourselves to a high standard, and create work that is best-in-class. We prize honesty and openness and work as a team. If you want to support your teammates as you create the greatest art of your career in service of projects that entertain and empower the masses, this place is for you.