Environment Artist / World Builder
We're looking for a talented artist who has extensive experience with organic modeling and sculpting. Work with a small and experienced team (Cory, Max, Charlie) to make surreal, natural environments for a new optimistic sci-fi universe. You'll be exploring a completely new art style, never before-seen in a video game.
Work closely with our tech team to lead development on this new art style, drawing inspiration from sources outside of traditional video games (especially important for this game, details to follow). Work very closely with the design team, as every prop, model and material affects the game experience: every detail matters.
Work in our San Francisco office (SOMA) or remotely from anywhere. The team is a mix of in-office and distributed (with most being the latter).
Skills & Requirements
- Great portfolio
- Experience with organic modelling/sculpting
- Proficient in Substance Designer/Painter
- Proficient in 3ds Max
- A working familiarity with Unity
- Industry experience as an environment artist and/or world builder
- Strong artistic skill and ability to adapt to different visual styles
- Optimize and work within the performance limitations of current platforms
- Capable of working independently
- Proactive with a can-do attitude
- Team player and good communication skills
- Availability to go on global company retreats
- Experience as a level designer
- Knowledge of modern lighting techniques
- Strategy gamer
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
About the Company
Unknown Worlds Entertainment is an independent American game-development company whose goal is to "unite the world through play". Based in San Francisco, California, the studio is best known for the Natural Selection series and Subnautica.
Unknown Worlds Entertainment, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.