The position of Lead Animator requires someone with a thorough knowledge of 3D software, with several years of experience in a similar supervisory role working on broadcast or film projects.
Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production.
They will have a well-developed 'eye', a good working knowledge of art, design and film..
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Work closely with the animation lead/supervisor to create high standard of animation for broadcast
- Must communicate well and be willing to take notes and direction, under tight deadlines
- Will work closely with Rigging team to troubleshoot and problem
Skills & Requirements
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working as a Lead Animator (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work.
- Thorough knowledge of Maya and/or 3DS Max
- Ability to problem solve and predict problems with assigned tasks
- Must be comfortable without source management with an emphasis on clear communication and follow through.
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Must be open to direction.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in the finishing of assets and shots.
- Experience with shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is considered a big plus.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 22 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), six Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.