Senior Lighting Artist - Turn 10 Studios
Senior Lighting Artist
Senior Lighter is an important role that requires a deep understanding of foundational lighting concepts, real-time rendering pipelines and content creation methods.
- Work closely with the Lighting Supervisor to help deliver the lighting vision of the game
- Support all fundamental core lighting needs for all teams
- Carry lighting of environment spaces through from pre-production to final polish
- Help to manage and ensure the integrity of lighting on all assets
- Capably troubleshoot and solve lighting production issues
- Strive to maximize art production performance and predictability
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and continually learning new software packages.
Skills & Requirements
- A strong portfolio that showcases an understanding of light, color, value, and artful composition.
- Has shipped a AAA title as a Senior Artist on current generation hardware. 3 or more published titles would be a plus.
- Carries a fundamental understanding of the physical principals of light and their interactions with object surfaces and other participating media such as atmospherics.
- Proficient with a variety of lighting production pipelines, tools, and systems associated with real-time game lighting. Capable of creating and optimizing high frame rate content with real-time performance in mind.
- Specific expertise with 3DS Max, V-Ray, and IES profiles is desired
- Supports the content creation of skybox world environment lighting, dynamic weather systems, and maintaining lighting probes for precomputed light transfer and image-based lighting.
- Exhibits a high level of enthusiasm for studying and analyzing lighting models from other media such as film, illustration, photography, and real-life observation.
- Demonstrates a strong technical aptitude for real-time rendering, offline rendering, physically-based lighting, HDR, color grading, post processing, scripting, and procedural effects.
- Demonstrates strong time management and prioritization skills. Capable of ensuring that assignments are progressing on schedule with key milestones and overall project goals in mind.
- A self-starter who can capably problem-solve the common daily production challenges that arise on the project without the direct daily supervision of the Lighting Supervisor.
How to Apply
Must be able to provide permit to work in the U.S.
Subject Line: Senior Lighting Artist
Please include updated resume and portfolio
About the Company
TEKsystems Digital offers the best of both worlds—the flexibility and expertise of a boutique recruiting firm, backed by the powerful recruiting engine and network of TEKsystems, the largest technology recruiting firm in North America. TEKsystems Digital offers a specialized focus on digital, animation, creative and interactive skill sets.