Senior Environment Artist
- Create high quality environments working within a predefined art style as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Deliver a high level, in-budget quality within fixed time constraints.
- Balance technical, gameplay, and artistic constraints and work collaboratively to reach solutions between disciplines.
- Create speed modelled environments to flesh out briefs for fast iteration.
- Present, discuss, and critique your own work as well as other members in the team, providing constructive and effective feedback and direction.
Skills & Requirements
- Development experience on multiple shipped AAA titles.
- A thorough knowledge of modern shader models.
- An enthusiasm and technical ability to learn new processes.
- An ability to work with a high level of autonomy but are also comfortable working with feedback and take direction effectively.
- A broad knowledge of both current and past video game environments.
- A high proficiency in industry standard tools (Max, Maya, zBrush, Substance, Photoshop).
- Experience in Mel, MAXScript, or Python scripting is beneficial.
- Experience in using or creating photogrammetry is beneficial.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
Your portfolio should:
- Demonstrate the ability to create large, open world, organic environments.
- Demonstrate your ability to create multiple complex environments, both interior and exterior, in multiple architectural styles.
- Show at least one environment demonstrating strong creative vision, an eye for detail, composition and visual storytelling.
- Demonstrate at least one environment created within strict performance budgets.
- Demonstrate both hard and soft surface 3D modelling techniques.
- Demonstrate PC PBR quality texturing.
- Demonstrate the ability to UV complex objects efficiently.
How to Apply
Apply through Workable: https://automaton-games.workable.com/jobs/943923
About the Company
Our focus is pushing the boundaries of massively multiplayer online experiences. Automaton's expert teams and scientific development methodology are focused on creating unprecedented online games and virtual worlds.
We believe that being smart pays off. The tools and systems developed by our world-leading engineering team and platform partners unlock potential that has previously stunted the performance and growth of the games industry.
We are a young, ambitious team that believes all rules, processes and procedures can be questioned. We value freedom, transparency and responsibility. Our focus is finding people that have something exceptional to offer. We invest a lot into building and maintaining a multi-skilled, highly-talented team - and we're looking for like-minded individuals to help us take our innovative products to the next level.
Check out our website for more information on our projects and vacancies.