We’re nDreams, one of the world’s leading independent VR developers. You may know us from our recent titles Shooty Fruity and The Assembly, or even as a leading developer back on PlayStation Home and we can’t wait to show everyone what we’re up to next. Our new VR projects are a leap forward for the studio and we are looking for talented people to help turn them into a reality.
Are you an experienced Concept/Graphic Artist able to design and create high quality 2D artworks and illustration? Can you balance focus on elements of conceptual art, graphic design and UI/UX? We want to hear from you!
What Will You Be Doing?
- Engaging in a broad range of duties from sketch work, visual brainstorming and storyboarding, Character/Environment/Prop design right through to high quality Key Art.
- Creating Concept art and Graphic Design for development and wider company support such as making visual contribution to pitches and branding and promotion
- Working in tandem with the Code and Design team to deliver attractive and effective UI and UX experiences in VR
- Using Concept Art as a tool to translate design ideas into visual solutions, allowing smooth development pipelines
Skills & Requirements
- An experienced, versatile artist with strong digital and traditional 2D skills encompassing core areas such as draughtsmanship, composition, light and colour, anatomy etc
- High degree of competency in graphic design, demonstrating affinity for layout, composition, colour theory, typography as well as experience in UI development pipelines
- Able to employ a clear design process from reference, conception, exploration, concept development, to final style, finish and execution.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of Unreal (and UMG) would be beneficial
- A Degree or equivalent qualification within a relevant discipline and/or at least 2 years’ experience in complimentary industries.
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite
- Experience in working within a team environment
How to Apply
The role is a 12 month fixed term contract based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, in easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously: Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…