ARTWORKS is a highly-engaged content creation team within EA Worldwide Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Working with our game team partners around the world, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry leading visuals.
We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
We look for the best in everyone.
As Visual Effects (VFX) Artist you will be responsible for prototyping and creating Visual Effects for real-time use in games. With the advent of powerful gaming technology, the role of a Visual Effects Artist is becoming increasingly more important. Just as in film, games rely on spectacular visual effects. As a VFX artist, you will work closely with designers, art directors, and engineers to ensure the game's effects look the best they can.
Skills & Requirements
What the VFX Artist will do:
- Conceptualize, design, and create visual effects for games.
- Create and apply dynamic animation and simulation techniques to a variety of effects to simulate physical & energetic phenomenon.
- Work collaboratively with the Game Design discipline to understand the VFX requirements, and support the communication of gameplay mechanics information back to the player through visual elements.
- Support the VFX and Art Directors in the overall VFX vision for the game, while also taking VFX ownership on various environments mechanics, and sequences as assigned.
Who You Are:
- You have extensive experience with real-time visual effects editors as well as particle systems.
- You know how to create high quality, optimized VFX for Xbox One and/or PS4 titles and have keen eye for timing, animation, and weight.
- You have working knowledge of Maya, and/or other commercial 3D authoring and fluid sim packages to generate source textures and models.
- You’re capable of injecting personality and humour into visual effects through stylization.
- You’ve worked on games before and have a thorough understanding of the game development process.
- Ideally, you have experience with scripting languages and shader authoring (HLSL).
- You have strong interest in VFX and evaluate competitive products to learn from their VFX implementation solutions.
- Previous experience leading other artists, and inspiring them to greatness is a big plus!
- Experience as a modeler and/or texture artist or animator a plus!
- You are a proficient verbal and written communicator.
- You are self-motivated and ideally, you are an avid gamer!
How to Apply
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Please apply here : http://gr.8job.co/rgm9lwF2
or Contact: Paola Chavez, Studio Recruiter | email@example.com
About the Company
THE BEST GAMES. THE BEST TALENT.
Our creative work environment rewards new and different ideas. It’s an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand, while thriving on our world-class campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.