We are looking for a Technical Animator specializing in understanding character workflow and tools. Rigging, skinning and animation integration are the main responsibilities of Technical Animator. The ideal candidate should be capable of working with the Animation and Art team to ensure they are creating the high quality content with the tools and assets provided and that the pipelines are as efficient as possible.
- Integration of the character assets and cinematics into the game engine. Design, create and test character rigs.
- Research and share knowledge of existing engines and animation packages within the industry.
- Interact and collaborate with different teams (the art team, designers and programmers) to fulfill tasks according to production plan.
- Design, create and test character rigs.
- Maintain and test animation tools and pipelines.
- Apply and maintain consistency for exported characters, props, and animations throughout the entire project.
- Develop progressive techniques and process to solve character and animation challenges.
- Proactive in problem identification and creating solutions.
- Interact and collaborate with the different departments (Art, Programming, Production, etc.)
Skills & Requirements
- Expertise in rigging and skinning assets.
- Good understanding of animation principles and anatomy.
- Experience with Motion capture and data transfer.
- Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations.
- Experience with standard industry tools like Motion Builder, 3ds Max.
- A good team player with strong cross-group communication skills.
- Good learning ability, looking for improvements consistently.
- Good knowledge of English, both verbal and written or having the willingness to learn and improve.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (such as Python).
- Knowledge of Python scripting language.
- Experience in Animation will be considered as a plus.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English and portfolio using this link.
About the Company
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has developed a rich portfolio, ranging from casual to action adventure games, and covering a wide range of platforms and technologies. The studio has brought its expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®, Prince of Persia®, and Assassin’s Creed®. For more than five years Ubisoft Sofia has been a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed franchise, taking a significant part in the development of Assassin’s Creed Origins, and also leading the creation of both its mythology DLC “The Curse of the Pharaohs” and Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered. Right now, after 12 years, more than 16 released games, and increasing its teams almost six times to 200+ people, Ubisoft Sofia is working away on contributing to three of the Ubisoft's biggest projects including the recently announced Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Skull & Bones, and Beyond Good and Evil 2.
- Informal, friendly and international working environment.
- Opportunities to develop your skills working on AAA games.
- Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry.
- Possibility to take part in international work-related conferences and trainings.
- Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, a library of books and games, and many more.
- Flexible working hours.
- Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia.