Senior Technical Artist - SUMO NOTTINGHAM
We have an unmissable opportunity for a creative Technical Artist to join our Nottingham studio.
Skills & Requirements
Within this role you will:
- Collaborate with the team on technical solutions to deliver the art vision and drive the visual fidelity of the game
- Build-upon, create and maintain art pipelines, identifying and developing new tools and processes
- Help define and meet in-game asset budgets and optimise levels, meshes, materials, lighting, post-processes and vfx.
- Communicate effectively between art and code, providing guidelines, best practices and documentation for workflows etc.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and techniques, current game development practices and utilise this effectively in game production
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply via our website job listing
For a confidential chat about this role please call our Recruiter Hannah Burton on +44 (0)114 2426766 or email email@example.com
About the Company
Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune. The Nottingham studio became part of the Sumo Digital family in March of 2016.
Based in the Castle Marina area of the city and with Nottingham castle dominating the skyline, the new studio is a state-of-the-art space dedicated to supporting the highest calibre of game developments most creative people. The environment has been designed to be open, light and bright and to provide a creative and flexible space against which a new team can develop the latest ideas for today’s gaming platforms.
Our Nottingham studio is a real community of game loving, talented people who have a broad set of skills across a diverse range of games types including first-person shooter and racing games. We have been working hard on our first two projects – Team Sonic Racing for Sega and Project Nova for CCP and are about to embark on new projects.
We are looking for talented artists, designers, programmers, producers and support roles to join us making some fun games. In Nottingham we work on small and mid-size teams where everyone can contribute and make a big difference to the games we make. Delivering great games and following the Sumo Pathway, you’ll be able to develop your career within a supportive and creative environment.
Here at Sumo we are planning for big things. Don’t miss out. Join us.