Technical Animator - New IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Animator to join our talented team at Creative Assembly, your mission is to empower our animators and artists to create visual excellence, pushing our games to the next level.
As a Technical Animator, you will work with the animation and engineering teams to devise animation solutions and pipelines, create rigs and assist in developing our animation workflows.
A key part of this role will be to define, create and maintain a rich set of in-house tools to increase the productivity and efficiency of the animation and art teams. You will be expected to drive new technology and the development of animation systems, providing support for runtime solutions.
You will be able to communicate well, solving problems and collaborating with the team to develop new features, processes and pipelines.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience in a technical animation role in a game development environment
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Expert knowledge of Python and PyMel
- Proven skills and experience in Character pipelines and workflow
- Proven skills and experience in Maya rigging techniques
- Experience using blendtree and state machine systems
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Pro-active communication and problem-solving skills - both within and outside of your department
- In depth knowledge of Motion Builder
- Experience with Maya C++ API
- Experience with Motion Capture processes and pipelines.
- Proven skills and experience in facial rigging
- UE4 production experience
- Understanding of 3D maths (linear algebra, vector and matrix maths)
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.