Gearbox Software is looking for a motivated Technical Artist to assist in the identification and optimization of game content and to ship efficient AAA quality games.
Please note: If you are looking for a Technical Animation or Rigging position please check our animation job listings for any openings. This Technical Artist position is not an animation position.
Skills & Requirements
- Work with Artists to create best practices, and use them to optimize workflow
- Communicate and work closely with Programmers to develop new features
- Analyze memory/performance concerns throughout a project's development
- Research and help implement new ways to identify and optimize content and development
- Create efficient Materials for use in Master Shaders, Characters, Environments and Effects
- Author and maintain scripts to be used by artists in our content creation applications
- Streamline workflow by proactively finding solutions and by working with production
- Help bring research and prototype to bring your coworkers ideas to life
- Expert knowledge of 3ds Max (or Maya), Photoshop and game engines
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Able to collaborate and work well with teams from various disciplines
- Take charge in optimization of content for memory and performance gains, while maintaining visual fidelity
- Problem-solve and provide a clear solution to complicated issues
- Ability to think out-of-the-box to overcome technical challenges
- Passionate about AAA games and game development
- Motivated, self-driven and enthusiasm to their craft
- Working knowledge of MaxScript, MEL Script and Python
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following artistic disciplines: environment art, animation, effects, lighting and physics
- Experience with current generation Console Platforms (Xbox One and Playstation 4)
- Experience with memory/performance tools such as GPAD/RAZOR, PIX, or Renderdoc
- Experience with other popular or proprietary engines
- Strong balance of creative/visual aesthetics and technical skills
- Technical Writing experience a plus
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Click here to submit your resume and portfolio!
About the Company
Gearbox Software is an award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment based near Dallas, Texas. Founded in February 1999 by game industry veterans and led to this day by its founding developers, Gearbox Software has distinguished itself as one of the most respected and recognized independent video game makers in the world.