We are looking for a talented Lead Animator to join our art team on our new IP. Candidates should be comfortable animating human, animals and creatures of all shapes and sizes. Strong body mechanics, appealing poses, and an excellent sense of timing are all essential skills.
Experience using motion capture data and industry standard tools such as MotionBuilder and Maya is required.
At NCSOFT, animation is about more than just movement; it’s the key to capturing the engagement and fascination of our players. This project will give ample opportunity for a motivated animator to flex their creative muscles. Join us to be an influential component in the development of the look and feel of our next project.
If you’re the kind of person with these skills and who is ready for a challenge, we want to hear from you!
Skills & Requirements
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Animators
- Expected to train and mentor new Animators as well as provide technical assistance to the show supervisors before and during the production
- Oversee the work of entry, mid and senior level animators and provide day-to-day support and guidance at the discretion of the Animation Supervisor
- Communicate effectively with other teams such as Design and Tech Art to ensure quality results
- Willingness to adapt to a rapidly changing and exploratory creative environment
- Translate project details and creative direction into unique design and animation solutions.
- Actively mentor peers in order to strengthen the overall reach of Creative team.
- Adhere to file management, administrative responsibilities, time entry and daily reporting requirements.
- 5+ years of professional animation experience
- Experience in cleaning up motion capture data
- Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, game production while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel and references
- Aptitude animating in industry standard 3D program (Maya, MotionBuilder)
- Experience in animating animals and creatures
- Ability to work efficiently within an art production pipeline
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- A passion for film, animation and video games
- Additional art skills such as drawing, modeling, and texturing
- Professional hand key animation work demonstrating ability to adapt to stylized and exaggerated animation
- Familiarity with character rigging/skinning
How to Apply
To Apply, please email us email@example.com
- Online demo reel and/or portfolio demonstrating MoCap animation and hand key animation.
*Relocation costs not covered. Applicants must be eligible to work legally in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
About the Company
NCVVS (NCSOFT Visual Vietnam Studio) is a division of NCSOFT, the world’s premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games. Established in 1997 in Seoul, South Korea, NCSOFT quickly became the leader in online games with the successful launch of its flagship product Lineage. Today, NCSOFT is well positioned for continued success in the Asian, North American and European markets by expanding its influence reach throughout the world with excellent products and franchises.
NCSOFT stands out in the gaming industry by sticking to the company's mission of focusing on happiness and fun for everyone. Due to the successful history of creating a diverse catalog of MMO games, NCSOFT has been able to leave an indelible mark in the gaming industry.