Senior Environment Artist - Lord of The Rings
Amazon Game Studios is seeking a Senior Environment Artist to join our team in sunny Irvine, CA. This artist will work with the Art Director to re-create Middle-earth for our upcoming massively multiplayer Lord of the Rings game.
We’re seeking an art style for our game that is “different at a glance” from the games and movies that have come before us. We need an artist with bravery and artistic skills to help us do something new.
As a Senior Environment Artist you will also collaborate with our Combat designers and engineers to bring innovative gameplay to life in functional, beautiful spaces.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Art Director to establish an art style and reference assets for the world of Middle-earth.
- Collaborate with production artists, designers and engineers to create beautiful, functional gameplay spaces and cinematic environments.
- Set the standard with your individual artistic skill, then as the project advances guide others to create equivalent high quality work.
- Work with our engineers and technical artists to define and improve our art pipelines and set up our growing art team for success.
- Lead efforts to optimize art assets for performance and memory usage.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in the games industry as an artist, or equivalent work in a related field
- 2+ shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work e.g. live product development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Online Portfolio demonstrating environment art skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management and work discipline.
- Expert knowledge in major DCC software tools (Photoshop/Max/Maya/Houdini or equivalent)
- Expert knowledge of at least one Game Engine (Unity, CryEngine, Unreal, or equivalent)
- Experience with procedural art systems in games.
- Experience working with outsourcing
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /Age
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
At Amazon Game Studios, we see gaming becoming the largest entertainment form on Earth. Access to massive computing and communications has fueled massive growth in communities of players, broadcasters, viewers, fans and game developers of all sizes. At Amazon Game Studios, we are seeking the industry’s best talent to help us create, publish and support multiple games being developed in our Seattle, San Diego, and Irvine studios. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology, including Twitch, AWS, and more, to shape the future of games.