We are looking for a self-motivated person who enjoys the complexities and trade-offs of working in a multi-discipline creative environment. If you love making games and making them with other amazing people then we want to meet you.
The Lead Artist will join our team-oriented group of creative in the Game Development Department. The ideal candidate will be required to lead a group of artists to create the next highly-engaging and innovative slot games from start to finish.
- Responsible for developing and driving an original and innovative art style for the game.
- Create digital character illustrations/paintings, compositions/layouts, logos, UI elements.
- Lead the creation of the art assets from game concept through production, testing and hand-off.
- Define the technical pipeline, Art Bible, Style Guides and Briefs in alignment with the vision of the game.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production.
- Mentor junior staff members in the creative process while sharing casino industry knowledge.
- Collaborate effectively with Marketing and PR teams to create and deliver high quality art assets in support of the game.
- Contribute to process improvements to increase productivity and the visual quality of the games.
- Design and create overall look and feel for projects.
- 5-8 years Professional Job Experience.
- 2-3 years Leadership Experience within a team/studio.
- Portfolio required.
Skills & Requirements
- Casino Industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in art/sequential art or equivalent.
- Highly proficient in Photoshop.
- Basic animation knowledge.
- After Effects, Maya and Unity skills/knowledge are pluses.
- Brainstorm and conceptualize ideas (produce concept sketches and quick concept edits).
- Experience in making presentations to product owners and clients.
- Experience leading both internal/outsourced art team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible to the ever-changing environment of a fast-growing company.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- The ability to take feedback and direction and disseminate it to the rest of the team.
- Ability to give constructive feedback.
Note: All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check
AGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
How to Apply
Please visit firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
About the Company
Headquartered in Las Vegas with offices worldwide, AGS is one of the fastest-growing companies in the gaming industry, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol AGS.
Our mission is to deliver highly entertaining, diverse, and unique gaming experiences to players around the world while never losing the passion, agility, grit, and customer-focus that made AGS successful in the first place
Our teams develop and market top-performing slot games, innovative table products, and social and real-money games and platforms that deliver entertaining gaming experiences to players around the world.
Recognized for two years in a row as one of the ‘Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®’ in the Nation and in the Atlanta metro area, AGS embraces a company culture that doesn’t take itself too seriously. We play as hard as we work, and we do it in a casual, flexible setting that minimizes politics and embraces professional candor.