Cloud Imperium is looking for a skilled Animator to work with the design team under direction of the Game Director and Animation Director on animation related areas within Squadron 42 and Star Citizen.
The Animator will be responsible for the creation and export of character animations. They should have strong key frame animation abilities as well as experience handling motion capture data.
- Create and implement in-game animations
- Works with all departments to collaboratively bring characters to life
- Collaborate with animation director, animation lead, and senior animators to implement animations within the game engine
- Create keyframe animation and work with motion capture data for in-game assets while following the given style guide
- Ensure timely completion of animation commitments at the desired quality level
- Partner with designers, programmers, and other departments
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development in an animation capacity
- Shipped one to two large-scale, 3D title from pre-production to release (PC, current or next-gen consoles)
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
- A understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved, from concept to implementation
- Strong knowledge of MotionBuilder/Maya
- Ability to create fluid, smooth, realistic animations with specific demonstration of animation fundamentals
- Experience with next-generation AAA game engines
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Expert in time management and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team
- Open to critique
- Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with the latest technology and new techniques
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- International Travel may be required as part of the role
- Knowledge of Lumberyard
- Cinematography knowledge
- Experience with rigging
- Strong interest in sci-fi themes
- Experience with outsourcing and/or collaboration with external studios
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Apply here: Animator
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.