As a Technical Artist, you’ll be key to supporting artists and designers in creating iconic heroes & environments for our games. Your work will enable animators to channel the personality of the characters that are in the front and center of our gameplay. For the environment team, you’ll be coming up with solutions and workflows to achieve a desired look, on a realistic timeline.
Our games feature rich characters and worlds with amazing backstories, and we want our players to feel like they could live alongside our characters, right there in our worlds. You will be working closely with our art director and creative director on a mission to create unforgettable characters and worlds.
Skills & Requirements
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, modelers, artists, and animators to push the boundaries of what all cross-platform devices can deliver, while keeping systems and assets sleek, efficient, beautiful, trainable and surprising.
- Design, build and test animation rigs, for a variety of characters and styles in Maya and Super Evil’s proprietary toolsets.
- Develop & maintain tools and workflows for rigging and animating characters which, as well as writing new tools/scripts as needed for any and all content teams.
- Consult with and influence production schedules, task estimates, and milestones to keep project goals deliverable and well communicated.
- Rapid prototyping of tools, workflows, and assets to investigate options and ideas
- Minimum 3 yrs production experience as a Character TD, Technical Artist-Rigger or Technical Animation Setup role for AAA game development, directly supporting the production with rigging, scripting & tool development.
- Minimum 3 yrs production experience with Maya, Maya API
- Excellent working knowledge of scripting - Maya Python/PyMEL, Python API. Maya C++ API, and PySide/PyQt GUI experience a bonus.
- A strong understanding of the real-time art production pipeline & process for different types of asset creation.
- Strong grasp of basic of animation principles, clear understanding of anatomy, kinematics & deformation.
- Experience with run-time animation systems.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and investigate ideas in a hands-on way is critical
How to Apply
In order to apply, please email us at email@example.com and provide portfolio materials, ideally links, that give a good overview of your skills and abilities. Your portfolio should include a mixture of both personal and professional work, with a mix of humans and creatures. Include any of the work that you believe shows the best of your abilities.
About the Company
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of crazy new platforms, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.