Join our exceptional development team as a Technical Artist on Back 4 Blood! This role focuses on optimizations and working with shaders, materials, and post-processing effects. The employee will work extensively on helping the content team develop asset pipelines, maintain rigs, and optimize assets to meet budget requirements. Applicant must be highly motivated and organized, able to work as part of a large team, while communicating effectively with multiple disciplines.
- Champion asset pipeline creation and maintenance
- Investigate and assist with performance and memory optimizations
- Work with the Art and Programming departments to effectively produce content
- Troubleshoot asset and editor problems for the art department
- Support the Animation team by maintaining rigs and the animation pipeline
- Make recommendations on how to improve asset quality and art process productivity
- Coordinate with all departments to achieve project goals
- Work with Programming and Production departments to develop risk/reward on game features
- Communicate changes and creation of new tools to team; document relevant information and steps
Skills & Requirements
- Portfolio of example rigs and tools
- Enthusiastic gamer with a passion for making great games
- Strong knowledge of Maya and Photoshop
- Experience with Rigging
- Team player and strong communication skills
- Proficiency with using profiling tools such as PIX
- Experience working with shaders and materials; creation and optimization
- Experience with scripting and programming languages, ex. Python.
- Experience in AAA Game Engines (such as Unreal Engine 4)
- Experience with multiple 3D packages
- Experience with Realtime Shaders and FX/Simulation
- Experience with Houdini
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Turtle Rock Studios is a multi-project, award-winning independent game developer located in the heart of Orange County, CA. We thrive in an open and collaborative environment which is led to this day by co-founders Chris Ashton and Phil Robb.
We focus on features that can be rapidly implemented and iterated on. It’s not the only way to make a big-budget, AAA title, it’s just our way.
If you care deeply about a feature, then you’re part of the process. We can only make this game if you give us your best ideas, we don’t care whether the feature is part of your job description. If you care about it, you’re a stakeholder.
We depend on you to know what to do. We don’t have time to micromanage people, we have games to make. If this all sounds good, and you think you can help, apply now!