Supporting the Background Department, and the production as a whole, the Background Artist will support with the development of the environment for the production.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Paint layouts and any other background-related art that the production may require, ensuring the style and quality of the show is met
- Collaborate with Supervisor in regards to paint assignments
- Review Anamatic and all required assets ensuring that the correct size is being used
- Reviews BG Keys to ensure continuity of brush style and colour palette
- Work with the entire Background team to ensure that all backgrounds fit into the production as a whole and are in line with Director’s vision
- Ensure that production deadlines are met while maintaining the highest standard of quality
Skills & Requirements
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 2 + years of experience as a Background Painter on an animation production
- Superior understanding of Photoshop and able to troubleshoot challenges
- Solid knowledge of lighting and color theory and knows when to push a scene
- A keen eye for detail and composition
- Able to work aligned to a production schedule and project milestones.
- Excellent communication skills, able to take direction as required.
- Team player with aptitude for autonomous work.
- Professional and friendly with a flexible attitude.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the job for you please Apply Here.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
About the Company
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 300 artists working on award winning animated children’s content.