Senior UI Artist [Skull&Bones]
You will be working closely with our Lead UI Artist, UX Specialist and Game Director to establish the usability strategies, look and feel of the User Interface in our games. Additionally, in collaboration with the Design and Programming teams, you will be responsible for conceiving, prototyping and producing User Interface assets, as well as their implementation into the game.
Further responsibilities include:
- Define usability strategies and create compelling visual UI through prototyping, wireframes, graphics and animation
- Translate gameplay high-level ideas and UX vision into visual functional UI designs
- Deliver high quality UI Art in line with the vision of the game and implement into the game engine.
- Communicate ideas & concepts with international teams and stakeholders both locally and internationally
- Create convincing UI animations to drive player’s attention and offer guidance
Skills & Requirements
- Relevant education and/or work experience (Design, Art, UX…etc)
- A profound knowledge of the full pipeline for getting UI assets into a game engine
- Skilled in visual communication (graphic design, iconography, typography)
- Familiar with Photoshop, Illustrator and 2D animation or motion graphics
- Proficient in conceptualizing, presenting and executing ideas
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of user experience approach.
- Technical and artistic problem solving
- Proactive, self-motivated and organized
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Passion for games, 8+ years experiences in the video game industry including multiple shipped AAA titles or experience in related high-tech industries
- Expertise in creating multiplatform compatible UI assets
- Experience in working with large scale teams, preferably in an international Co-Development environment
- Ability to guide and mentor Junior Artists
Nice to have:
- Strong compositing skills, experiences with video editing tools (After Effects, Premiere, etc…) and are capability of integrating motion graphics or videos into the UI design
- Previous experience in Usability, familiar with Prototyping and related tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure…etc.
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft is present in 28 countries and has sales in 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers.
We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", “For Honor", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and “Beyond Good & Evil” and many more.
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company