Senior Technical Artist
Who We Are:
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Our studios in Novato, CA; Orange County, CA; Agoura Hills, CA; Budapest, Hungary; Shanghai, China; and Seoul, South Korea, are committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Visual Concepts is seeking a Technical Artist.
Skills & Requirements
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Strong Python scripting experience on a shipped game title or in a related field
- Character rigging experience in Maya, hero characters preferred
- 5+ years of experience on commercial game projects or in a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- At least one shipped game title, preferably AAA, working in a technical role
- Comfortable with Maya Tools and broad Maya experience
- Familiarity with Perforce and P4 Python API
- Familiarity with Shotgun and it’s Toolkit API
- Experience writing Maya plugins is a plus
- Strong interest and ability to learn new processes and techniques
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- In order to be considered for this role candidates will need to submit a code sample in Python
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Visual Concepts has been a driving force in the videogame industry for more than 30 years. We have made some of the coolest and most high profile games anywhere, across almost every conceivable hardware platform, and are dedicated to putting the consumer first through great technology, innovation and passion for true excellence in gaming. At studios located throughout California, China, South Korea, and Hungary we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Check out our open positions. If you see something that sparks your interest and matches with your experience, we would love to hear from you.