Senior 3D Character Artist
We are looking for a talented 3D Character Artist to join our team in creating the highest quality, kick-ass characters for an unannounced, ААА project.
- Create compelling, top-quality characters for AAA games
- Work closely with the team Lead, Concept Art team, the Art and Creative Directors to deploy characters, which fully support the artistic and creative vision of the project
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Tech Art, Animation, Game Design, etc. to understand gameplay requirements and tech constrains, and successfully integrate the characters
- Think creatively, to solve daily artistic challenges
- Manage own time and work efficiently within production deadlines
- Mentor less experienced artists
Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience as a Character Artist in the game industry
- Highly self-driven personality and good communication skills
- Excellent understanding of form, shape, silhouette and rhythm in regard to character modeling
- Ability to take a character to completion using reference materials such as concept art, photography and others
- A great understanding of human anatomy
- Attention to detail
- Excellent digital sculpting skills - in ZBrush or equivalent software
- Excellent low-poly modeling and UV mapping skills - in 3DS Max or equivalent software
- Excellent texturing skills in Substance Painter, and understanding of PBR work flow
- Understanding of the character creation pipeline in video games
- Understanding of the technical constraints of game development and ability to apply them when creating characters
- Organized and clean work flow, compatible with a collaborative environment
- Ability to absorb, apply and give constructive feedback
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to different artistic styles
- A passion for games
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
WE WILL CONSIDER AN ADVANTAGE:
- Previous experience in AAA video game development as a Character Artist
- Skills in related fields such as concept art, animation, etc.
- Traditional drawing and sculpting skills;
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us:
- Portfolio and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skill
- Your updated Resume
- Informal, friendly and international working environment;
- Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry;
- Possibility to take part in international work-related conferences and trainings;
- Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, library of books and games, and many more;
- Flexible working hours and additional days off;
- Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia.
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services worldwide. More than 17,000 talents with a wide range of expertise are committed to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable entertainment experiences.
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has grown to a world-class AAA game dev studio. Throughout the years, the studio has released more than 18 titles, ranging from small casual to big open-world games, and covering a wide range of platforms & technologies. Ubisoft Sofia has brought expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s®, Prince of Persia®, and is a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. With more than 240 talented professionals, the studio is currently working on several big Ubisoft's titles.
Our worlds are infinite. Choose your path and create the unknown.