3D Technical Artist
“Join the studio responsible for Ultimate Rivals, which Geek.com called “The Smash Bros. Of Arcade Sports”.
Bit Fry Game Studios (BFGS) seeks a Technical Artist to support the art department. The person has strong experience in their discipline. The Person will be called on to set the visual quality bar, producing work that is at the highest level of quality and difficulty. The person must have a proven track record of resolving the most complex and broad reaching challenges in relationship to content construction, pipeline management and leading-edge visuals. In addition to current “best practices” and competitive awareness, the Artist is expected to understand emerging trends and technologies in video game content and make strategic recommendations as to how they may benefit and/or impact the organization. The Artist is a contributor to BFGS’s initiatives and projects and participates in setting product and/or functional vision within the studio. The Artist will be focused on supporting in engine aspects of all art such as characters, environment, and VFX.
Skills & Requirements
- Must have shipped Multiple 3D titles.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must be familiar the majority of modern 3D software packages (Maya, 3ds Max, Motion Builder, ZBrush, Houdini, Substance Suite etc.).
- Strong understanding of game development process.
- Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines and optimizing pipelines and processes.
- Moderate experience in scripting/programming in python and C#, with C++ a bonus.
- A Strong understanding of modern 3d engines and the technology behind them.
- Solid experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines on modern game consoles.
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Diligence with individual and team tasks, schedule and adherence to budget limitations.
- Strong interest in computer or video games.
- Strong Troubleshooting skills.
- Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
- Please send a resume and brief cover-letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a part of the application process, we require a portfolio or demo-reel demonstrating your experience. Please include a brief breakdown of your contributions, both artistic and technical for each piece presented.
About the Company
Bit Fry Game Studios, Inc., an independent multi-platform developer and publisher of sports video games, is composed of gaming, as well as entertainment and sports veterans, and is the first studio to combine licenses from all player unions as well as four leagues into a single gaming franchise. Bit Fry has secured groundbreaking licensing agreements with nine major professional sports organizations, including the NHL, NHL Players’ Association (NHLPA), NBA, National Basketball Players Association (NBPA), MLB, MLB Players Association (MLBPA), NFLPA, Women’s National Basketball Players Association (WNBPA), USWNTPA, as well as Wayne Gretzky. The company was founded in 2013 with its first investment coming from former Red Sox owner and vice chairman Les Otten, and now counts among its investors many leading names in sports and gaming, including NBA Commissioner Emeritus David Stern, Xbox co-creator and managing partner of 1UP Ventures Ed Fries, MLB all-star and World Series champion Ryan Howard, private equity fund Dugout Ventures, co-founding partner of March Capital Gregory Milken, Barclays’ head of Equities Trading for the Americas Todd Sandoz, and BITKRAFT Esports Ventures.