3D Environment Artist
Romero Games Ltd is looking for an experienced 3D Environment Artist specializing in architecture to join our team. This is a full-time, on-site permanent position. We are looking for an individual with senior-level experience, but are open to mid-level experience with exceptional talent and a true passion for creating quality 3D art.
- Create high-quality architecture and environment assets
- Sculpt & model highly detailed geometry.
- Retopologize geometry for use as game-ready models.
- Transfer high-resolution model detail to game ready texture maps.
- Layout efficient and quality UVs.
- Create high-quality textures for use in a PBR workflow.
- Use Tiling and Trim techniques to create multiple assets with shared textures.
- Collaborate with fellow artists, Team Leads, and our Engineering and Design departments.
Skills & Requirements
- Expert knowledge of Maya or similar modeling software.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop/Substance for texturing.
- Full understanding of game workflows and pipelines.
- A desire to learn new techniques and technologies.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the games industry with at least one shipped title (excluding academic projects).
- A portfolio reflecting high-quality game art.
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance.
- Experience with Unity preferred.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Romero Games is home to a group of dedicated, fun and experienced game developers based in Galway, Ireland. We are building a vibrant, exciting company culture that enhances the lives of those with whom we work. Everyone here is passionate about their craft. We create and develop the type of games that we love to play.