UI/UX Designer - Remote Role (UK Only)
Roll7 are looking to expand our in-house design team and are seeking an experienced UI/UX Designer to work on an exciting new game project.
We are looking for an all-rounder - you will be expected to communicate ideas clearly and be comfortable bridging between both technical and art teams at Roll7.
We don't expect applicants to be experts in all UI-relevant software, but you will have a decent level of skill and understanding of graphic design, animation and programming.
An organised mind, a methodical, thorough approach and a good level of common sense are equally important.
- Be involved in the design process from start to finish – from ideation and UX research through to producing mock-ups and handing off to the development team.
- Produce UI designs of a consistently high quality; always putting the user and usability first.
- Collaborate with developers, QA, production and other designers to understand the requirements and iterate through early research and wireframing to hi-fidelity mock-ups.
- Consistently produce well-researched, high quality, wire-frames and mock up iterations
Skills & Requirements
- Portfolio of relevant work examples
- Video game experience – at least two shipped PC or console titles
- Wire-framing & prototyping experience
- Demonstrative artistic ability
- 1-2 years Unity Experience
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/XML or similar
- Animation / motion design skills
- 5 years + professional games industry experience
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
Apply via email at email@example.com
About the Company
At Roll7, we create exciting and critically acclaimed video games - including the BAFTA-winning OlliOlli franchise. Innovation, freedom, and a real sense of fun are at the heart of everything we do, from creating award-winning original IPs to the everyday business of running our unique distributed workplace set-up.
Being a distributed studio – the majority of our employees work from home nine days out of ten - allows us to offer a high degree of freedom and autonomy to our motivated and creative staff. Everyone at Roll7 can work in a way that allows them to balance impressive workplace achievements with their own responsibilities at home.
Fortnightly meetups in our London office, combined with a robust online communication system, mean that we still retain all the positives of a welcoming and friendly office environment - without the downsides of a long and expensive commute. After all, most of us would rather be at home with our families and pets (or our game consoles) than crammed onto an overcrowded commuter train or stuck in traffic.
We love to give every employee a chance to play and contribute to the games we make, we love giving people the freedom to pursue their own path to success, and we hate crunch.
At Roll7, our team is at the heart of everything we do, and it matters to us that everyone feels comfortable and valued at work. We are an equal opportunities employer, and we have a keen commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all of our employees are accepted and valued as part of the team. We hire based on talent and suitability for the role - regardless of race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Roll7 is a remote studio, and this role requires the applicant to undertake the vast majority of their work at home (nine out of ten days). Appropriate equipment, dev kits and software licenses will be supplied as required. One day a fortnight we work from central London as a team, therefore applicants MUST be based in the UK.
Check out our website for a complete list of staff benefits and more details on our company culture.