Work with an experienced game team (Max, Charlie & others) to lead the artistic development of a new unannounced title. This is quite a new direction for the team and the gameplay is quite developed and rock-solid (not Subnautica-related).
Work with and oversee concept artists, environment artists and game artists to develop and create art in a unique new style. Some of the game's art style has already been developed by the team and studio Art Director (Cory), but there is a lot more visually to develop. We are also collaborating with an exciting new partner to create a game that could make a real impact.
Work in our San Francisco office (SOMA) or remotely from anywhere.
Skills & Requirements
- Submit a portfolio with your application.
- Proficient in Photoshop (for paintovers)
- Proficient in some 3D software
- Game industry experience as an Art Lead or Art Director
- Strong artistic skill and ability to adapt to different visual styles
- Able to make effective paintovers to refine art quickly
- Problem-solving and open mind
- Proactive with a can-do attitude
- Enjoys working with a variety of minds - design, technical and those from other creative industries
- Team player and good communication skills
- Availability to go on global company retreats
- Modeling or concept skills
- Experience with Plastic SCM
- Proficient with Unity 3D
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
About the Company
Unknown Worlds Entertainment is an independent American game-development company whose goal is to "unite the world through play". Based in San Francisco, California, the studio is best known for the Natural Selection series and Subnautica. i’ll
Unknown Worlds Entertainment, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.