Senior Environment Artist
Are you an imaginative Environment Artist with a drive to create beautiful environments, objects, flora and props? A new opportunity has arisen in our art team and we need you!
We're on the hunt for a fantastic Senior Environment Artist who will have the opportunity to leave their mark on both current and future games! Rare's games are iconic in their style and this role is vital to their imagining...
Your imagination will shape the look of our game worlds. Your work will include the creation of gameplay items, weapons, environment objects, props, architecture and beautiful flora to furnish our game worlds. Our ideal person will have several years' experience creating environments and 3D objects, as this role will report to our Lead Environment Artist and play a key part in shaping how our game worlds look and feel to players.
If successful, you would be joining Rare at an incredibly exciting stage of development. See below for a short summary of your day to day duties as Senior Environment Artist:
- Create outstanding game assets from a concept.
- Improve the player experience by recognising and improving the look of pre-existing game assets to use in our world.
- Take art and design requirements and provide solutions to briefs.
- Monitor and maintain quality control
- Deliver content on schedule and within technical specifications.
Skills & Requirements
- Proven experience in game development as a 3D Artist specialising in environment art.
- Familiarity with next-generation asset creation pipelines and tools.
- A good artistic eye for detail, colour, value, tone, silhouette, composition etc.
- Ability to contribute to the development of environmental elements.
- Competence in relevant art creation software – Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance.
- Comfortable working in a predefined art style.
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills.
- Has shipped a AAA console/PC title as an Environment/Prop Artist.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Rare are part of Xbox Game Studios, Microsoft.
About the Company
An Xbox game studio with a 34-year pedigree, doing what we adore and creating games that players love to keep playing!
Prior to the quintessential pirate adventure game Sea of Thieves which celebrated its first anniversary in March 2019, Rare released titles such as Banjo-Kazooie, Battletoads, Viva Piñata and Perfect Dark, all drawn together in the 30-game compilation Rare Replay to mark our 30th anniversary. As a studio rich in ideas, we're always striving to build games that players will adore and return to time and time again.
We employ around 150 game developers at our custom-built facility in Twycross, in the heart of the English countryside.
As an artist at Rare, you can expect to work alongside some of the most creative and knowledgeable people in the industry. Our artists have significant input into the creation of Rare's iconic games and characters, so why not join us and make your own mark on one of the world's most well-loved studios?