Lighting and Compositing Artist
We have a fantastic opportunity for a lighting and compositing artist to join our Sheffield based studio. The role will involve developing lighting setups, adjusting shaders and rendering and compositing shots, whilst keeping consistency across a sequence.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate an eye for lighting composition, a good understanding of colour theory and a strong technical ability. Production experience and a degree is preferred but not essential. It is important that we receive a link to your showreel demonstrating examples of lighting and compositing.
The role is full-time and we are looking for candidates that can take on responsibility, stick to deadlines and have a passion for creating their best work every day.
- Light 3d scenes to establish mood and support storytelling
- Develop lighting setups that can be used across a sequence of shots
- Receive and act on direction given by the lighting lead
- Match the established look and quality of existing shots
- Composite rendered CG elements and deliver final shots
- Assist in editing or creating shaders.
- Clearly and regularly communicating with production management
- Continuing technical knowledge, adapting to new processes and technologies
Skills & Requirements
You must have:
- Examples demonstrating excellent knowledge of Lighting, Compositing and Shading
- Strong working knowledge of 3D software.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with other departments
- An eye for artistic composition
- Good knowledge of cinematography
- Excellent problem-solving skills
We'd also ideally like you to have:
- Experience with Maya, Vray and Nuke.
- An understanding of both technical and artistic photographic principals.
- Proven production experience
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply through our online application form by clicking the link below.
We would like to receive a CV, link to your portfolio and cover-letter outlining how you meet the required skills, to be considered for the role. If we decide to move forward with your application, a Lunar Animation representative will contact you to discuss the next stage in the process.
About the Company
Lunar Animation was founded in 2014, by a team of highly experienced Artists, Animators and Generalists. It is now an award winning international studio, working with partners around the globe. Some of their work has accrued more than 250 million views on Youtube to date and been featured in the Autodesk and Chaos Group reels.
Our work is heavily focussed around the video game sector, making cinematics and commercials. We also create short form online entertainment, TV promos and are involved in developing our own groundbreaking attraction content for theme parks around the world. Our strive to produce the best possible quality along with our attention to detail, results in content that always exceeds our clients expectations.
What we offer
We’re situated in an old steel mill in the heart of Kelham Island; a super cool and vibrant upcoming part of Sheffield, so much so we made a video to showcase what it’s like to be based here.
We’re a 10 minute walk into the centre of town, 30 seconds from the tram route which links to the train station, giving easy access to Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands.
We have a beautiful office environment that you’ll get to make your home. We supply a host of free hot and cold drinks to keep you refreshed when working, along with a weekly supply of fresh fruit. We have a relaxing and calm environment that will allow you to do your best work.
We love being based in Sheffield. As a City it has everything you could wish for, from theatres, galleries, restaurants, live music, shopping facilities and plenty of open green spaces. With the Peak District National Park a few minutes away there’s little Sheffield doesn't have to offer.