Senior Games Artist (2D)
As a Senior 2D Game Artist at Supersolid, you will play a significant role in creating fun and engaging mobile games, for multiple platforms internationally. You will work as part of a small team to create exciting new games, help to maintain our existing games and develop exciting game features.
- Create graphics for use in current and new titles
- Be instrumental in defining the art direction and maintaining a consistent visual style
- Produce essential concepts and graphic assets for prototypes, game development, internal communication and marketing
- Assist in producing art guidelines
- Create painted texture for 3D assets
- Import, test and manage art assets in Unity3d engine
- Prioritize workflow and complete assigned tasks utilizing tracking tools used by the projects
- Work closely with game designers and engineers to ensure that all aspects of games are of a high quality for end users
Skills & Requirements
- Prior professional experience in game development or other relative creative industry
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in producing graphic assets for games
- Able to polish artwork up to a very high standard
- Solid art foundation in drawing, painting, and perspective
- Good artistic sensibilities and attention to details
- Able to work respecting strict technical and artistic limitations and instructions
- Versatile and willing to switch tasks based on the project’s need
- Flexible and prepared to engage in problem-solving during game development
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining Supersolid, please email us!
* Please note that you need to be entitled to work in the UK. If you are not sure about your eligibility, please find out more information about working in the UK from GOV.UK.
About the Company
Supersolid is a leading mobile games studio based in central London. Having a small team hasn’t stopped us from developing highly successful games, including Super Penguins (with over 15 million downloads) and Adventure Town (with over 1 million downloads in its first 2 weeks). In 2015, we released Food Street, now a leading restaurant management game, with new content and feature updates released every month to a growing and passionate community of players worldwide. Home Street is our recent release, a home decoration and life simulation game with over 7 million downloads since launch October 2017.
In fact we think small teams can create amazingly successful games… as long as we have the best talent! And we’re always on the look out for new additions to the team. We’ve all had incredible experiences in developing games (particularly casual and free-to-play), both on browsers and mobiles. Some of us come from different backgrounds, but there’s no question when it comes to games – we love them!
We’ve got a great new studio on Haymarket (minutes from Piccadilly Circus, Soho and St James’ Park) and we do all the usual new tech company stuff – beer in fridge, roof terrace access, Foosball table, stickers on walls, chocolate everywhere… you get the idea!
It’s fun, but our ambition is serious – we’re here to make the most successful, genre-leading games for mobile and tablet devices. It’s hard work, but we love it and it’s incredibly rewarding. We also have some of the most high profile backers in the world – Index Ventures and Initial Capital (who have supported Supercell and King, amongst others) – and we’re continually looking to build and sustain the best team. Will you come join us?