This is a 40 hour work-week contract opportunity with our Game Studio client in Redmond, WA.
Our client is looking for a Gameplay Engineer to join their team to help drive the next generation of gameplay systems and tools for our content creators.
Example systems you will be improving are:
- Low level run-time physics-based systems like vehicle simulation, character control, constraint systems.
- Gameplay networking.
Skills & Requirements
- Develop vehicle systems and behaviors in cooperation with artists and designers.
- Create well architected systems that encourage rapid iteration.
- Debug and optimize key areas of code (not just your own).
- Aid in the architecture and implementation of gameplay networking.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience shipping games as a gameplay or networking engineer. You must have experience shipping AAA current or last generation console games.
- 2+ years of professional C++ experience.
- Strong maths and physics.
- Strong debugging and optimization skills.
- Strong knowledge of gameplay as well as game networking algorithms.
- Strong cross-team communication skills. You must work well with creatives (e.g. artists and game designers).
- Extensive development in a multi-player environment.
- Experience developing gameplay behaviors for action games.
- Experience working with vehicle or physics simulations.
How to Apply
Please send me your resume/portfolio link and the best time and number to chat!
**Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and sit on-site at our client in Redmond, WA**
About the Company
We are a global organization specialized in HR staffing. We have a specialized team focused on creative and game studios in the Seattle area.
We’ll find you your best fit. Let’s start looking for your dream job!