Lighting Artist (Real-Time)
- Creation of static and dynamic lighting using our proprietary game engine software.
- Lighting single player, multiplayer and cinematics at a high level of quality.
- Tweaking of shading materials and textures to increase the fidelity of the lighting to enhance the levels visuals and gameplay experience.
- Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
- Contributing to the development and placing of visual effects related to lighting and atmosphere. Such as: light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
- Document lighting processes and technology.
- Manage lighting solutions within our memory and performance guidelines.
Skills & Requirements
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- A good understanding of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections, occlusions etc.
- Good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
- Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
- An ability to thoroughly digest the art direction and champion executing it in the game.
- Used to working with the balancing between visual quality and performance requirements.
- Organization, planning and prioritization skills
- Experience lighting within a real-time game engine
- Experienced Photoshop user
How to Apply
Please send reels/resumes to Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Aquent offers a broad range of staffing services to help global companies add technical expertise to their marketing and creative departments, increase the bandwidth of their in-house teams, and achieve higher quality creative work. To learn more about Aquent's full range of services please visit http://aquent.com.