UI/UX Artist [Vancouver]
The UI/UX Artist should be a master at their craft, being able to create stunning mobile game user interfaces. She/He is responsible for creating both the flow and the visual appeal or our user interfaces, ensuring world-class experiences for players around the world. You will be working closely with the Art Director and Creative Director to figure out the most intuitive layouts and user flows, as well as the visual design art assets that will support the game’s need while pushing the game’s creative vision and brand. You would also be supporting our marketing team by providing art assets for creatives as well as social media campaigns and working with the animation team to ensure all of our games feel "juicy".
You should be a passionate gamer, be familiar with the latest trends in F2P games, and know your way around the mobile game world. If you’re looking for a team that will empower, challenge, and enable you to exercise your creative muscle and imagination to dream up game features and creative assets that players will love, this is the job for you!
- Design visually stunning user interfaces for our mobile games
- Create user interfaces from start to finish including flows, sketches, wireframes, mockups, specifications and final assets
- Maintain usability and aesthetic consistency through carefully selected typography, layout and interaction standards
- Work closely with developers to ensure optimum production efficiency and user experience
- Support marketing and promotional initiatives with 2d art
- Create materials that align with brand and business strategy; such as key brand visuals (logo, colour, typography etc.) and style guide
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer in the mobile gaming industry
- Experience creating interactive wireframes and making revisions based on feedback
- Excellent graphics design skills
- Experience laying out UI and screens
- Killer knowledge of UI and UX best practices
- Working knowledge of design software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks, InVision
- Strong understanding of F2P Mobile Games and monetization strategies
- Strong attention to detail
- Organized and efficient
- Good critical and artistic sense
- Ability to work under pressure
- Drawing and rendering skills would be a definite asset
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Send your resume to email@example.com along with a link to your portfolio!
About the Company
A game developer based in Gastown, Vancouver (Canada) , Classy Yak Game Studio combines the skill and experience of industry veterans with the passion and enthusiasm of wide-eyed newcomers.
We pride ourselves in making games that we want to play — fun, challenging, and maybe a little cheeky.