Technical Environment Artist
A renowned game studio currently working on AAA title is looking for a Technical Artist who will support the environment art team. We are looking for generalists with experience in level management and tools troubleshooting. This position requires a technically minded 3D Artist who has an obsessive eye for details and passion for ensuring game content consistently meets a visual and performance high bar. Strong collaboration and great communication skills are essential as this role will be involve working closely with a diverse and highly experienced team.
- Help artists with everyday blocking issues with content tools and workflow
- Set up and manage technical pipelines related to level production (i.e. source file management/streaming/visibility/collision/physics materials)
- Create technical level reports to team members/leads including: performance reports, statistics, budgets.
- Ensure levels and other content are meeting memory budgets and performance targets
- Coordinate with design team to eliminate any game blocking issues and establish ideal setups for gameplay scenarios
- Ensure all game assets meet production technical standards requirements
- Work with tools developers to augment and enhance content creation and level tools
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with Autodesk Maya, Photoshop required. Expertise in other 3D software packages will be considered.
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of modern game environment development principles and techniques. Experience with Level management and optimization on a console project required.
- 2 or more years professional development experience on pc and consoles preferred.
- Candidate should have strong time management and communication skills.
- Candidates should also be able to rapidly grasp new technical concepts and quickly become proficient in new content tool chains.
- Programming and/or scripting experience is preferred in one or more of the following areas: HLSL, CGFX, Python, Mel
How to Apply
Subject Line: Technical Environment Artist
- Candidates need updated portfolio of work
About the Company
TEKsystems Digital offers the best of both worlds—the flexibility and expertise of a boutique recruiting firm, backed by the powerful recruiting engine and network of TEKsystems, the largest technology recruiting firm in North America. TEKsystems Digital offers a specialized focus on digital, animation, creative and interactive skill sets.