Mid-Level Lighting Artist [Bristol]
Currently axisVFX are expanding their lighting team and are seeking experienced MID LEVEL LIGHTING ARTISTS to join them, to work on a variety of TV projects including acclaimed drama series’ and specialist factual as well as feature film projects.
This role requires a personable, pro-active, self-starter with a broad background creating high-quality shots across a variety of styles.
Candidates will work onsite in our Bristol based VFX studio. Immediate vacancies are for shorter freelance contracts, with the possibility of on-going work in the future.
All applicants at the time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.
Skills & Requirements
- Become familiar with the tools, techniques and pipeline within the facility
- Receive and act on direction given by the sequence CG Supervisor or Lighting Lead.
- Be expected to meet the level of quality required.
- Light and match CG characters/elements into live action plates
- Proven experience of Lighting on CG/VFX productions. Degree level qualification in relevant subject.
- Strong working knowledge of 3D software, preferably including Maya, Houdini.
- A strong creative portfolio and showreel.
- A strong, measurable track record in delivering against project goals.
- Deadline driven.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to work to brief and take direction to ensure the standard and quality of lighting is consistently high.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded in 2000, Axis is an award-winning, international studio of directors, designers, artists, animators, writers and producers that creates content for the biggest names in video games, film, television, commercials and online entertainment.
As a creative team we go out of our way to get under the skin of every project and deliver beyond client expectations. We are passionate about our craft, and we challenge ourselves to leave a lasting impression with every piece of work.
No matter the client, brand, genre or delivery platform, our creative output is distinctive, engaging and entertaining.
Accordingly Axis has won numerous industry accolades, including: a prestigious Cannes Gold Lions Award, New York Festival Awards, D&AD nominations, London International Awards, Promax Awards and a Best Animation BAFTA.
In 2014, Axis were proud to receive the Queen's Award for Enterprise, a highly prestigious honour bestowed by Her Majesty The Queen only to businesses that display the highest levels of excellence.