We are Artworks! A centralized creative team that enhances the art direction and overall vision of the games we work on. As an Associate lighter within Artworks you will be working in one of the most innovative and progressive environments within the entertainment industry. Using Physically Based Materials, Real World Absolute Light Values, shooting the game through a Physically Based Camera model using a Film based HDR Grading pipeline, the associate lighters responsibilities are moving from just placing lights, into that of a Virtual Cinematographer. Here at EA, you are expected and empowered to redefine what games can be!
We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Collaborating directly with our game team partners we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences, and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
- Use technical skill to emphasize drama or narrative, and establish/clarify location, weather, time of day, etc.
- Respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project
- Refer to relevant production designs and apply visual style faithfully, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game
Skills & Requirements
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, an art-related subject such as Photography or Computer Animation, Math, or Physics.
- Solid Experience in at least one of the industry standard 3D packages, including Maya, Houdini, XSI, 3D Studio Max, and Lightwave. Familiarity with other relevant programs is a plus
- Background in math and solid artistic skills, including colour theory, composition, light, and form
- Experience with a 3D CG package (e.g., Maya, Mental Ray), demonstrating understanding of rendering, lighting, shading networks, polygonal modelling, and texture UV’s.
- Strong ability to work from reference materials
- Strong ability to light moderate to complex interior and exterior scenes.
- Experience with film, photography, or theatre is a plus
- Candidate must have a strong work ethic and work well with a team
- Candidate must be meticulous, detail oriented, driven, and need very little supervision to put out high quality work
- Must have ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Experience working in gaming preferred but not essential
How to Apply
More info contact: Sebastian Glenn-Anderson, Studio Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
THE BEST GAMES. THE BEST TALENT.
Our creative work environment rewards new and different ideas. It’s an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand, while thriving on our world-class campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.