Vehicle Artist - All Levels
As a Vehicle Artist, you will be an expert in your field and passionate about the creation of cars and other hard surface vehicle assets.
You will have an excellent understanding of the modelling and texturing process combined with an extensive understanding and appreciation for real world industrial and vehicle design
Working closely with Lead Vehicle Artist and the Art Director you will model and texture a wide range of vehicle assets to populate an immersive and large MMO experience. Your attention to detail and world class execution will serve as a guide to the vehicle art team.
Skills & Requirements
- Work closely with the Lead Vehicle Artist to create high quality, high resolution 3D Vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle assets conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Implement, review and refine outsourced vehicle assets.
- Work with technical artists to ensure a realistic implementation of the in-game physical as well as visual aspects of the assets.
- Refine and improve relevant shader set ups to maximise in game fidelity.
- Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined ob-jectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Review external assets (outsource or external studios) and provide feedback.
- Senior Artists are expected to mentor and inspire Junior Vehicle Artists.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar, and schedule.
- Implement feedback from Lead Vehicle Artist and Art Director.
- Implement and review final vehicles in the game engine.
- Create best practice assets to serve as guidance and inspiration for more junior artists.
- Experience in the creation of high quality, high resolution 3D Vehicles, UV maps and textures.
- Strong experience in creation of PBR, normal map and texture creation.
- Experience with texture authoring tools such as Substance.
- Professional experience as a Vehicle Artist in the games industry to be reflected in seniority.
- An excellent understating of hard surface/vehicle shaders.
- Superb hard surface modelling ability.
- Extensive experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
- An excellent understanding of industrial and vehicle design.
- Sculpting ability in Zbrush or similar is a plus.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded by industry legend Leslie Benzies, we are developing an ambitious and ground-breaking open-world multiplayer game that simulates and fuses the real world with the virtual.
A mix of experienced AAA veterans whose credits include some of the biggest-selling and most loved games of all time, and talented hungry new blood, we are dedicated to creating a creative environment where the best ideas flourish and everyone is able to contribute their best work and be recognised for it.
We have offices in Edinburgh, Los Angeles, and Budapest.