We are looking for a Technical Animator specializing in understanding character workflow and tools. Rigging, skinning and animation integration are the main responsibilities of Technical Animator. The ideal candidate should be capable of working with the Animation and Art team to ensure they are creating the high quality content with the tools and assets provided and that the pipelines are as efficient as possible.
- Integration of the character assets and cinematics into the game engine;
- Research and share knowledge of existing engines and animation packages within the industry;
- Interact and collaborate with different teams (the art team, designers and programmers) to fulfill tasks according to production plan;
- Design, create and test character rigs;
- Maintain and test animation tools and pipelines;
- Apply and maintain consistency for exported characters, props, and animations throughout the entire project;
- Develop progressive techniques and process to solve character and animation challenges;
- Proactive in problem identification and creating solutions;
- Interact and collaborate with the different departments (Art, Programming, Production, etc.).
Skills & Requirements
- Expertise in rigging and skinning assets;
- Good understanding of animation principles and anatomy;
- Experience with Motion capture and data transfer;
- Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations;
- Experience with standard industry tools like Motion Builder, 3ds Max;
- A good team player with strong cross-group communication skills;
- Good learning ability, looking for improvements consistently;
- Good knowledge of English, both verbal and written or having the willingness to learn and improve;
- Knowledge of Python scripting language;
- Experience in Animation will be considered as a plus.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English and portfolio.
- Informal, friendly and international working environment;
- Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry;
- Possibility to take part in international work-related conferences and trainings;
- Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, library of books and games, and many more;
- Flexible working hours and additional days off;
- Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia.
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services worldwide. More than 17,000 talents with a wide range of expertise are committed to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable entertainment experiences.
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has grown to a world-class AAA game dev studio. Throughout the years, the studio has released more than 18 titles, ranging from small casual to big open-world games, and covering a wide range of platforms & technologies. Ubisoft Sofia has brought expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s®, Prince of Persia®, and is a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. With more than 240 talented professionals, the studio is currently working on several big Ubisoft's titles.
Our worlds are infinite. Choose your path and create the unknown.